We are looking for an accounting intern to join our team who has thorough knowledge of accounting processes and theories and wants to demonstrate their knowledge through working in all aspects of accounting including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and preparation of financial statements.
Fully Accountable is a fun, fast paced environment of like-minded people looking to make a difference in the world. At Fully Accountable, we believe that a person with A LOT of ideas and random thoughts is BRILLIANT! Our goal is to continually educate and provide high quality resources to our community. We collaborate. We laugh. We work hard every day. We are Fully Accountable.
- Ensure all invoices are properly coded, approved and accurately and efficiently entered into the accounting system for timely payment;
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions and AP accounts, validate vendor statements and inquiries, investigates discrepancies, communicate with vendors and internal personnel to ensure completeness of transactions;
- Processing payments, sending vendor payments, government remittances as well as other expenditures in a timely manner; and Maintain Registry of Assets
- Processing all accounts receivable entries into accounting software, reconciling receivables with funder agreements, preparing bank deposits.
Reconciliation of Bank and credit card statements
- Processing all entries into accounting software, preparation of reports, monitoring of cash flow.
Required Knowledge / Skills:
- Experience with QuickBooks is a plus;
- Skilled in creating spreadsheets and reports in MS Excel;
- Demonstrated attention to detail;
- Confidence and ability to perform well under pressure;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relationships;
- Competence with the accounting software;
- A sophomore to senior level credit standing;
- A self-starter and team-player with the ability to handle multiple job responsibilities, set priorities, problem solve and work with all levels of staff while appreciating the responsibility of meeting tight and conflicting deadlines.
*Opportunities for either part-time or full-time for this role.*